my dear friend divya likes to make food, i like to make things...so an apron seemed the most appropriate gift. this apron was inspired by an apron made by my great grandmother for my mom, way back in the day. it was passed down to my sister & i snagged it from her to make replicas. it turned out really cute; i used a creme fabric with brown polka dots & hot pink bias tape (my first time & i was really happy with what it can do).
this is a simple project, it is a solid piece of fabric with very little detail work. here is my attempt at a tutorial so you can make your own:
what you'll need:
1 yard fabric (washed)
2 packs of single fold bias tape
button or snap
1. trace pattern on the back of fabric & cut out
2. shoulders - sew left side dotted lines, front to back, together (front of fabric facing one another), repeat with right side
3. sew bias tape along all solid edges of the remaining fabric (see becka's project journal tutorial)
4. sew button or snap on the left back panel (x) with an opposing snap or button hole on the opposite back panel (l)
more pics including some updates.
i have created a pdf that is 50% of the true size & can be printed at 200% at any printer company. click here to download the pdf.
you can also see my other patterns & tutorials here - take a look for your next project!
UPDATE: Vote for my new company, Iva Jean on Daily Candy's Start Small, Go Big Contest. I need your votes today and everyday through September 14.
I'm so excited to be one of three finalists for the Daily Candy Start Small Go Big contest and hope that you'll help me become the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner receives a day in New York City with industry leaders and mentors (Jonathan Adler and Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx), as well as the boatload of press that goes along with Daily Candy. Please help me and my bike fashion and lifestyle company Iva Jean make it!
- You go to http://www.dailycandy.com/
- Click "Vote" and choose Iva Jean under the Fashion Category
- You will have to enter your email, but I promise that they won't spam you or target you obnoxiously - it's just how they keep the voting honest
- Vote once a day from August 22 - September 14
- Forward this email to your friends and family
I can't explain what an opportunity this is for me and Iva Jean. Please help me win this thing!